Everything about this dinner was DELISH!
Parmesan Chicken with
8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms (I didn't have any on hand when I made this - boo! But it tasted just as good without)
1 Tbsp. canola oil (for mushrooms only)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 pkg. (10 oz. each) frozen brown rice with broccoli and carrots (I couldn't find the broccoli version so I picked up the one with corn and it was still yummo and as you can see I added broccoli as a side)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 lb. skinless chicken breasts (this is altered a bit from the original recipe)
1. Combine cheese, mayo, and Italian seasoning in small bowl; set aside.
2. Place frozen rice mixture in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with chicken. Spread cheese mixture over the chicken.
3. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Parfaits (original recipe)
2 cups cold milk
1 pkg. (4-serving size) Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
1 bag mini Nutter Butter cookies, crushed, reserving a few for garnish (Slightly altered from original)
1/4 cup strawberry jam
1/2 cup banana slices
1/2 cup thawed Cool Whip topping
1. Pour milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with whisk 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Layer 1/4 cup of pudding and 1 Tbsp. each of the cookie crumbs and jam into four wine glasses (I think parfait glasses are a bit too much). Continue to layer evenly until all pudding is used up.
3. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Top with banana slices, whipped topping, and garnish with a cookie before serving.
*NOTE* These taste best when eaten the same day as prepared. The cookies get a tad mushy on day two but hey, who am I kidding? They're still totally worth noshing.
This pretty much sums up the heavenly experience of these parfaits.