Friday, June 14, 2013

Just Can't Get Enough - The Birthday Edition

It's June and in honor of my birthday month I have created a special edition of Just Can't Get Enough.  Below is a playlist of my top ten favorite tracks released during my birth year, 1980.

You're welcome.


1. Can You Feel It by The Jacksons:  Their last great song.  Does anyone remember the trippy video for this where the sound effects are TEN TIMES LOUDER than the track?  Hilarious.

2. Stomp! by The Brothers Johnson:  This is the song you want playing inside your head when you are struttin' down the street wearing your best duds. Trust me, I've done this.  Side note: We own this album on vinyl and the cover is DELIGHTFULLY absurd.

Seriously?

3. Could You Be Loved by Bob Marley & The Wailers:  Hearing this and everything is right with the world.  

4. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da by The Police:  Stupid lyrics but great guitar. 

5. Fashion by David Bowie: "Turn to the left!  Turn to the right!"  Bowie perfection.

6. I Will Follow by U2:  So timeless.

7. Boys Don't Cry by The Cure:  My heart swells every time I hear The Cure.  Pure emotion.

8. Magic by Olivia Newton-John:  The cheesiest track on this list (right along with Can You Feel It) but I am a huge fan of cheese.  Sing it Olivia!

9. Save Me by Queen:  This is my favorite Queen song.  I love the lyrics and melody.  Goose bump worthy.

10. Rapture by Blondie:  Another one of those songs where I can't help but picture the video whenever I hear it.  So classic.

Well, that was just plain ol' good fashioned fun!  What are your favorite songs from your birth year?  Or do you have any other faves from 1980?

Don't be shy.  Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I'll be happy to respond to all.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS