Sunday, March 3, 2013

It's ALIVE!

Well, it's here.  I did it.  I have NO idea what I'm doing but I'm doing it.  I have to admit it's a bit scary but exciting all the same.  Why?  I really don't know.  I've only just joined about a gazillion other women (and about 20 men) in their blogging pursuits.  I'm simply just another cyber pixie in the big blog pile.
  
Honestly, I can't seem to shake this "Frankenstein" feeling.  Like I have somehow potentially created a nasty monster that will grow out of hand, consume all my energy, make impossible demands, and end up killing me.  Am I being overly dramatic?  Probably.  But these types of things can become all consuming.  I know.  I've heard the stories.  But I really don't think you'll find me forgetting to shower, spooning with my laptop, and speaking in html codes.  Well, maybe only for the first month or two.

It's only been three days since I've jumped in with both feet and I've already learned some crucial lessons.

Lesson One: Naming a Blog is Comparable to Pulling Out Your Eyelashes

After enlisting (begging for) the help of my creatively witty sister, who by the way, can generate multiple lists of pee-in-your-pants-hilarious blog titles in under ten minutes, (The Sound and the Furry, War and Peas, Minivan Halen, and Sugar Brookie - just to name a few of my faves) I was deeply discouraged (and on my last eyelash) when not-a-one of them were available for use.  I am 100% convinced that ALL of the good blog names are taken.  And hence the birth of the peculiar Pokiedot ... Please don't ask because I have no answer for you.  Maybe I should have taken my husband's suggestion and named my blog Books, Beauty, and Bullshit.  It does have a nice to ring to it.  And Lord knows that's EXACTLY what this monster will eventually become ...  Bah!  The name's probably taken.

So, there you have it folks.  The birth story of my monster.  Do you think I can keep up with it and actually see this thing through (the week)?  I can't let this thing beat me before I'm barely outta the gate, right?  I must endure!  I must fight!  I must conquer this cyber world!  I must learn how to use the manual mode on my DSLR so I don't take any more crappy pictures! (Please see lovely GRAYish photo to your right.)

Till next time,
Victor Frankenstein           

                                                                              Me, about a half hour ago

   

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to what you have to say, Brooke Naming is an important thing to do and you did a fine job, pdot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks boz! So glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I'll be happy to respond to all.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS