Mediterranean Tuna Salad (original recipe)
Start to Finish: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
3 celery ribs, chopped
1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup black olives, chopped (addition)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard (substitution)
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can (12 oz.) albacore white tuna in water, drained
4 cups shredded lettuce
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2-3 cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges (addition)
1. Combine the beans, celery, red pepper, green onions, and black olives in a large bowl.
2. Whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Pour dressing mixture over bean mixture and toss to coat.
4. Gently stir in tuna and serve over lettuce.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with tomatoes.
I found that this salad tasted even better the next day after the flavors soaked into the tuna and veggies. This would also be delicious with avocado slices and chopped hard boiled eggs. Very versatile. A scrumptious light meal that I will most certainly make again and again.
Do you have any tasty and easy recipes that use any of these fabulous Greek ingredients? If so, please share!