Thursday, May 16, 2013

Just Can't Get Enough: May

Light-hearted and whimsical tunes are making my ears happy this month.  Cool.  Fresh.  Joyful. 




1. Closer by Tegan and Sara: This song is like a big fat piece of bubble gum.  Perfectly sweet and poppy with the distant memories of an 80's summer night.  I.am.in.love. 

2. Safe and Sound by Capital Cities: Ahhh ... this song is so great!  The unexpected horns that intermittently come forth are so smart.  Overall, a lively and unique spin on a modern alternative song.   

3. The War Within by Churchill:  A superb follow-up to their catchy debut Change.  Beautiful blend of male and female vocals.  Reminds me of another favorite group, Walk Off the Earth.  The fresh melodies are kickin'.

4. Fantasize by Hannah Georgas:  I bee-lined straight to the speakers when I first heard this track.  It put me in a dream-like state with Georgas's breathy and entrancing vocals.  Yummo.

5. Take a Walk by Passion Pit: Indie rock, synthpop, alternative dance, new wave, psychedelic heaven - the genre doesn't matter.  This stuff is just plain catchy and refreshing.   A memorable mesh of an upbeat tempo, synth highlights, youthful vocals, and quirky lyrics.  Thank you, I'll have another!

What tunes are tickling your ears this month?  Pretty please, DO SHARE!  Next to books, music is the other piece of life that I find continuously fulfilling.  Let's chat!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I'll be happy to respond to all.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS