Friday, May 3, 2013

I Got Dressed ... For a Gig

This is my first style post.  I feel a bit like a cheese head but I'm going to assume that's normal ... right?   I think it's fair to say I have no.clue.what.I'm.doing when it comes to photography (and posing) but I do know one thing: do not pose in front of an object that is the SAME color as your clothes.  I mean really. What was I thinking?

Anyhoo, regardless of my poor photog skills and lack of common sense, I wanted to jump on this "What I Wore" bandwagon for one simple reason - I love clothes!  I have no idea how to describe my style except that I simply wear what I like.  I do not buy expensive clothes because I would be in debt.  No Gucci on this blog.

Okay.  Let's get on with it...

This is the outfit I wore to my husband's last gig.  He's the bassist in a cover band and yes, I am a groupie.  Typically I would wear something edgy in black to appear hip and sexy as I try to reclaim the youth of my early 20's.  BUT, this time around my older self took over and I went in the complete opposite direction: pastels.  Call me a Golden Girl if you will, but I just couldn't help myself.  I needed to channel some spring time vibes despite the fact that I'd be hanging out in a darkly lit lounge for three plus hours.    
 Sweater: Old Navy ~ I love the open weave and it's so soft!
JeansThe Loft ~ My first pair of pink jeans since 2nd Grade and they are super fun!
Shoes: Old Navy (similar but not the same color or texture) ~ My new favorite flats!
I'm also wearing some cute jewelry but of course I didn't think to take any close-ups of it.  Duh.  Next time, I guess.

No get out there Golden Girls and get your pastels on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I'll be happy to respond to all.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS