Saturday, May 11, 2013

New Blogger Liebster Award

I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award from the lovely Adelma at Beautiful Chapters.  I graciously accept this nomination and thank Adelma for recognizing the new bloggers of the world!  Shall we begin?



THE RULES!
1) Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
2) Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post (I'm sorry - I only passed to 5 others.  Call the Liebster Police!)
3) Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
4) Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5) Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
6) No tag-backs!

11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
 1) I have the amazing ability to feel restless and lazy at the same time.
 2) I have a thing for nostalgia.
 3) I live for back tickles and would pay cash for them (thankfully, my hubby gives them for free).
 4) I don't have a middle name and people always think that's weird.
 5) I shy away from heels because they make me a towering 6 feet tall and that's just plain awkward. 
 6) I have a serious Triscuit addiction.
 7) I have a yellow Chihuahua named Chico.  He's a total weenie.
 8) I got married on Friday the 13th and again, people always think that's weird.
 9) I have secret rock star aspirations.
10) No matter what, anytime I stumble across the movie Goodfellas on t.v., I must stop whatever I'm doing and watch it to the end.  Every time.
11) If I could just read books for a living, my life would be perfect.

QUESTIONS FOR ME
1) What is the first thing you do in the morning?
I let my little buttered biscuit out to go potty.  His morning bladder needs come before mine.  Is that wrong?
2) If the characters from TV shows or the book world are real, who would you want to be with? (Examples: Will Herodale from TID, Damon from Vampire Diaries, or the Doctor from Doctor Who)
Easy!  I would hang out with Roseanne Conner and Jackie Harris from the sitcom, Roseanne and Auggie Pullman from the novel, Wonder.
3) What is one thing that you are exceptional at?
Adapting.  I may be silently kicking and screaming on the inside but you'd never know it on the outside.  I roll with the punches (and perhaps put up a good front).
4) What is one beauty product that failed to impress you?
A few months ago I purchased an eye shadow stick by Neutrogena.  The consistency of the shadow was very strange and left a thick, sticky feeling.  It felt like someone was trying to tape my eyelids shut all day.  Uh, no thanks.
5) If you can have any pet in the world, what would it be?
I already have him.  My adopted first-born, Chico Montoya.  Equal parts baby, pest, and joy.  Wouldn't trade him in for any other pet.
6) Quick, list the five people you would want to meet! (Real or not real.)
Emily Bronte, U2 (that's 4 people in 1 - cheating?), Dr. Seuss, Donalyn Miller (author and teacher), and Chelsea Handler (even though she scares me)
7) If you have a million dollars, what would you spend it on? 
I would finish ALL the updates for our house, sock most of it away for future needs, and then probably use a portion to purchase LOADS of books for my local library and school.
8) What are you currently reading? (Ex: Magazines, Newspaper, Article, Books!)
Books: Inkheart, The Boy Kings of Texas (both are FABULOUS)
Mags: Parents and the newest AAA catalog
9) Have you ever done any DIY projects? If so, what did you make? (Take a picture if you can!)
Why yes I have.  See the latest here: http://pokiedot.blogspot.com/2013/04/i-did-it-wipe-off-menu.html
10) If you had a book that could be worth a lot of money, would you sell it or keep it? (Ex: A signed copy of the first Harry Potter book.)
Hmm... depends on the book.  If it's a story I personally cherish I'd keep it.  If it's a copy of Great Expectations then I'd sell that thing faster than you can say "overrated."
11) How are you enjoying your blogging life so far? Future goals?
Loving it!  No goals.  Just enjoying the ride.

QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
1) Name the top three foods that leave you in panic mode when you run out of them.
2) What color looks best on you?  What color are you unable to pull off despite how much you try?
3) What is the best part of your day?
4) Name your number one favorite techie gadget you cannot function without.
5) List the top three songs that are spinning in your player ... and head.
6) Tea or coffee?
7) Do you have a doppelganger (a celebrity look-alike)?
8) The BEST thing you've read recently.
9) What brings you inner peace and makes you feel whole?
10) A favorite childhood memory?
11) What's your favorite aspect of blogging?

And my nominees are...



Now let's get out there and discover some new blogs!  Not a new blogger?  Feel free to chime in with your comments and/or answers.  The more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I'll be happy to respond to all.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS